Why should one invest in SGB scheme rather buying physical gold?
- Eliminate risk & storage expenses
- No risk involved in terms of purity & making charges in the case of gold in jewellery form
- Attractive Interest Income, directly credited to investor's bank account
- Avail discount of Rs.50/gm for applications made online and payment through digital mode
- Encashment/Redemption of the bond is allowed after fifth year. It is also tradeable & transferable if held in demat form
- The SGB bond acts as security collateral to avail loans
- Capital Gains are eligible for tax exemption
- Flexible & safe payment options are available to subscribe to the scheme
Sovereign Gold Bonds Issued by Reserve Bank of India on behalf of the Govt of India.
||Individuals, HUFs, Trusts, Universities, Charitable Institutions
||Min.of 1 Gram to Max. up to 4 kg for Individuals per year. Up to 20 kg for Institutions (Trust, Charitable institutions & Universities per year)